Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Just a passing comment/Sandy on List
From: "Bill Larsen" <ohlen@lightspeed.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 18:50:21 -0800

Sandy:

I agree with Jim Brick about the archives (don't completely
depend upon them).

If you ask a question such as "what adapters do I need to
put these things together" you will receive about 3 off list
private replies to each one from the list.  Then you need to
evaluate who has really done it and who is speaking
theoretically.  (At the price of adapters, it is really
important to get a "real answer").

Folks on the list have helped me put together a Viso bellows
outfit and later adapt it to a more recently acquired
R-system.  They also helped me to recycle my Viso Telyt lens
to the R-system.  (Thanks guys and gals).  Now that I have
impoverished myself with Leicas, I can read these posting in
the abstract and make notes on what I might need in the
future ;-)

Regards, Bill Larsen  ohlen@lightspeed.net

Sandy writes:

>No, as Ted mentioned, that's another Sandy. I've just been
lurking, reading,
>and learning from the list for the past few weeks. This is
an impressive group,
>and I really appreciate all of the valuable input and
advice that is available
>here (from those with far more experience than I). Although
I've been shooting
>for a while, I'm new to Leicas, and am looking forward to
expanding my
>photographic skills with assistance from the group. I
solemnly promise to use
>the search engine before posing any Leica-neophyte
questions... :-)