Subject: RE: [Leica] segue to: Platinate prints- Change of subject
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 10:40:09 -0500

Platinum, a heavy metal, can be quite toxic, causing severe neurological
damage (such as Parkinson-like symptoms) unto death.  In industrial
processes it must be handled carefully, but can be and is handled safely
using gloves, aprons, hoods,  and other protective gear.  I have never used
the platinum process, so I do not know how one might absorb or, more to the
point, ingest inhale or otherwise be exposed to the metal.  However, many
people wear platinum jewelry with no ill effects.

	Buzz