Subject: re: [Leica] P&S choices
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 23:55:21 +0100 (MET)

Larry Kopitnik wrote:

>And I'll second the recommendation of the Olympus Stylus Epic for a
>non-zoom P&S. The f/2.8 lens is surprisingly sharp in the center (less so
>at the edges), and its spot mode offers a nice amount of control over what
>you meter and focus on. And it costs little.

Yes, the Olumpus Stylus Epic, or mju-II as we call it in Europe, *is* a nice
camera, with a good lens, even for B&W. The only difficulty I have with this
one, is activating the spot meter. The two rubber buttons on the back are so
small. It is really a "Ultra compact 35mm camera" worth the investment. A
nice holiday and family snap camera.

Oddmund