Subject: [Leica] R Lenses
From: "Richard Clompus" <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:10:13 -0500

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

After putting together an M camera system of bodies and lenses, my interest
has turned to the Leica's SLRs and R lenses.

I just got a 28/2.8 R wide angle lens.  What a nice compact lens for an SLR.
The built-in lens hood is both compact and slides out for photographing.
Has anyone had experience with this lens?

Next one to acquire will be the 19/2.8 R lens.  Although Ted Grant has
extolled the virtues of the 15/3.5 Super Elmar, it is a little out of my
league.  I'm having trouble justifying that one to my wife.  If anyone has a
good excuse for the 15mm, please let me know.  Maybe she'll eventually give
in <bg>.

Happy shooting,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD