Subject: [Leica] Camera shake
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:00:01 +0100 (MET)

JayPax wrote:

>I used to not worry about camera shake, until I began to get more critical
>about my work, <snipped>

The same rules applies for camera work as for gun work (I'm not a gun
admirer, nor a militarist, just an ex-warrior and reserve officer. Let's not
have a gun thread again!)

Preadjust your camera, this simplifies everything.

1. Relax
2. Breath slowly and regularly
3. Repeat several times and fill your lungs
4. Stop breathing
5. Concentrate
6. Push slowly
7. "Click"
(8. Walk to the nearest bar.)

Training helps, even without film. Clicking a Leica is music, especially at
1/15th. If you train, if you are calm and good, you can get sharp, handheld
pictures down to 1/4th sec. with a 50mm, 1/8th, or 1/15th with a 90mm.
Tripods are cumbersome, even the Leica Mini-tripod. But this is once
again a matter of personal preferences, and what kind of work you are doing.

Oddmund