Subject: Re: [Leica] metering in low light
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 07:45:18 +0100

Hi Howard,

I know you state that you prefer analogue, but you might consider the
Sekonic L-508. It is brilliant in low light, both because of its
sensitivity and also because its display lights up automatically when it
is dark, enabling you to actually see the readout. It is a combined
incident and spot meter, with the spot metering angle variable from 1 to
4 degrees. I bought mine to accompany the M3 and have been very pleased
with the results.

Nathan

Howard Sanner wrote:

>    Ted's mention of using the Noctilux in "available darkness"
> reminded me of something I've been wondering about for a while.
> What do you folks use for metering in low light conditions? I
> need to get something to use with my M3 that will be better in
> this regard.
>
>    I prefer an analog meter to a digital. I've been looking at
> the Luna-Pro F, because it would be easy to use with the zone
> system and has a 7- & 15-degree attachment available. Any
> thoughts about this or alternatives? I'd like, for example, to be
> able to meter the U.S. Capitol dome after dark and get an
> accurate exposure without having to bracket like mad.
>
>    Thanks.
>
> /*-------------------------------------------------------------
> **
> **                         Howard Sanner
> **                Kirsten Flagstad Discographer
> **                  Ampex Mailing List Founder
> **                     flagstad@sysnet.net
> **               http://www2.sysnet.net/~flagstad
> **
> */