Subject: [Leica] Re: The New Boy
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 98 08:29:09 +1100

"Gerry Walden" <photos@gerrywalden.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>attaching a whole newsletter, can someone advise me
>how to avoid doing that again please?

As the bestower of that award, it is my duty to
reply here.  :^)

Have a look at the preferences of your email
application and see if there is something there
which says "quote original in reply".  Once
you find something like this, switch it off.

Plan B is to send your replies by *not* hitting
the reply button, but rather manually create a new
piece of email addressed to:

leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us

... and then send your message as per normal.  Make
sure the Subject title of your email is 're:' the
original topic (so people can easily follow threads).

Plan C is to ask the list mum to configure the mailing
list software to automatically reject contributions
longer than (say) 5 KB.

Although this seems needlessly picky, thing is
there are still a lot of people on the LUG list
who quote the entire message when replying.  This
will become a major pain when more start using the
digest form of the list and the quotations run
into thousands of lines.

Good luck,

Andrew Nemeth
www.nemeng.com