Subject: [Leica] I.R Collector/Cameraphilia
From: "James Harper" <DRJH@btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:13:45 -0000

Mike Dembinski wrote, on 30 November:

<A few weeks ago, a brave soul (didn't archive so forgot who), stated that
many of us like cameras more than they like photography.>

 I empathised completely with this.   I quite enjoy taking the occasional
Noctilux snap if asked to at family gatherings,  but I enjoy much more the
whole technology of cameras.  Added to this is the sheer beauty of  most of
the  rangefinder Leicas, especially the screw models, which I would rate as
the eighth wonder of the world aesthetically.  Better even than Rembrandts
on the wall.

I don't know if it is heredity or environment, but your daughter is clearly
set to continue her farther's traditions!  Lucky her.

Best wishes.

JH

PS  Some men with  white coats have just arrived, but I think that I can
finis.....