Subject: Re: [Leica] New N.... F100
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 09:01:38 EST

R8'ers shouldn't feel badly.  The F5 has had its share of
early-production problems as well.  There was an electronic fault which
caused severe battery drain; also the ECB screen was separating.  I've
adopted the policy to wait one year before purchasing newly-released
photo equipment...including Leica.  By then, assuming one buys it from a
dealer with good turnover, you are probably likely to get one minus a few
bugs.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 30 Nov 1998 22:28:28 -0600 Harrison McClary
<hmcclary@earthlink.net> writes:
>Monday, Monday, November 30, 1998, Nigel B Watson wrote:

>Nigel,
>
>The  F4  also had QC problems in the early models, just like the R8. I
>sent  my  F4 in 3 times in the first 18 months and the other photogs I
>worked with who bought theirs before me sent theirs in a lot more than
>that.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]