Subject: RE: [Leica] Navajo's imperfection
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 10:06:02 -0000

This rang a photographic bell with me.

I bought one of a re-printed set of Julia Margaret Cameron's photos a while
back. Superb reproduction, beautifully toned, lovely p.q. but I was
disappointed to see white hair marks on the print.
So very very carefully, after mixing exactly the right colour, a deep ochre,
I touched out these marks on the print before I framed it.
Six months later I read a biography of the famous lady photographer to find
that she insisted on leaving in all those imperfections on the print. A sort
of serendipity to the construction of the picture as a whole.
And I'd gone and taken it away!

Jem