Subject: [Leica] 21mm S/A metering mod
From: Jeremy Kime <jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 19:31:51 -0000

Got the lens back today, it meters.
I think the suggestion that it would only be a 1/3 of a stop is generous, so
far it seems to be about a stop, haven't put any film through it yet but if
I can end up relying on it being a stop then thats a nice round number to
deal with and still cheaper than getting that new Elmarit-M ASPH.
I'll try and test some different apertures on the metering tomorrow.

Jem

	Cool that you made use of the notch mod on the Super-Angulon. I
> use mine all the time and it's really neat. Now let's see... there's the
> little thing about metering accuracy, which used to concern me when I
> shot chromes - now I don't notice because I just use color negs. But
> what you'd  probably find (and I think it's in my page) is that the eye
> is blocked just a nick when the lens is focused close - it's enough for
> about a 1/3 stop under or maybe more. So you focus out to meter.
	I  ended up just setting the film speed dial to -1/3 (1 click down)