Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 1998 06:51:54 +0000

At 04:26 PM 30/11/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone purchased the Digilux?  How does it compare in quality and
>technology to other digital cameras?
>I have been very happy with the M6 and 35mm 1.4 lens, but feel I should get
>some involvement in digital.

I have not used nor met anyone who has used the Digilux.  I am told that the
Fuji MX-700, which is similar to the Digilux, is quite popular is very
light and compact and takes impressive pics.  The best part is actually the
"PictureCard" which can store up to 8 MB of data.

I am using a Kodak DC220 which uses one of these cards and I am able to
shoot 48 pics in normal mode and 12 pics in highest resolution mode.
Downloading direct from the DC220 is very slow but the use of a Card Reader
device which connects directly to the parallel port of my PC help a lot.
After downloading, I reformat my card and reuse it again.

I enjoy taking digital pics in addition to my conventional photography with
my Leicas and G2.  After toying with digital for a while, I am of the
impression that digital and conventional photography are complementary and
each have their own strengths.    I hope they will make an M(digital)
camera which can use all my existing M lenses.

I would like to ask LUGgers who are into digital if the 3.5 inch floppy
adapter
is easy to transfer data from card to computer?

Dan K.