Subject: [Leica] Christmas came early
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 14:05:49 -0500

When I left for Ecuador.... I was pretty short on cash and I sold a
really clean M-3 and a 50 DR  and the rest of my Leica stuff thinking I'd
probably never own a M-3 or a Leica again.   Of course the sale of some 2
1/equipment has given me 2 bodies and 3 lenses.
A couple of weeks ago my repair guy showed me a M-3DS with MC meter, 35
f/3.5 M3, 50 Summarit LTM with adapter, 90 f/4 col and a 135mm hektor.
It was all really clean with cases except for a few light meter marks on
the top of the body and some marks on the bottom of the baseplate..... He
was asking $1500 for the set which was really really tempting, but was
more money than I had in my camera account and I was trying to save that
for a 21 or a 24..

Anyhow I went back down last week to check on a repair for a friend and
he asked me if I knew anyone who would be interested in buying the set
for $600.   Well needless to say ......... I couldn't pass that up, so
Christmas came early this year.

Now I have to decide what parts I want to keep and what I want to sell to
help buy a 21 or 24 ASPH.....

The collector side of me wants to keep everything.... the photographer
side says sell, sell, sell.

Anyhow there really is a Santa Claus....... back to the darkroom.......
Ho... Ho... Ho....

Duane Birkey

HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador