Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica's Development and Management
From: MSwiek@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:59:25 EST

Hi Guys,

While in Solms in April of 1997 I had a chance to sit at lunch in the company
cafeteria with Mr. Hoffman, the Leica Camera president (?) at the time.  I
suggested just this very thing -- a European delivery program -- similar to
that offerd by the auto makers such as BMW, or Saab, which would combine
somewhat reduced prices, travel opportunity, and perhaps a half day primer on
photography with the Leica, and the history of teh camera and the Leitz/Leica
company.  Hoffman listende cordially, suggested that they "may think about
it," bought me another beer, chatted a few moments longer, and excused himself
from the table.

Mike Swiek