Subject: Re: [Leica] More Sharpness is Highly Overratted
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:22:28 -0700

Charles,
Soft-focus are still made. Rodagon makes one (the Imagagon), and to  bring
this back to topic, Leica used to make the 90mm Thambar. Its image softened
when used near its max f stop of f2.2. I'd love to have a Thambar, but have
never even seen one. Can anyone report on the Thambar? And, as the
availabilty of such lenses suggests, softness can be good for some images.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson

[cut]