Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica strap
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 09:49:15 EST

Pascal,

This might have been me.  I had one of the old style skinny leather straps
with the separate rubber pads break on my M4-2.  The strap got hooked on the
door handle of a DB train as I was exiting the train in Germany.  This was
right before Photokina 84.  The camera fell right on the tracks, causing some
serious damage.  At the same time I badly sprained my ankle.  Great way to
begin a trip to Germany and Photokina!  The top plate had a huge dent near the
advance lever and the PC board had broken.  Leitz looked at the camera at
Photokina, pronounced it fully functional (except for flash) but not
repairable in a short period of time.  Bottom line - used the camera for the
rest of the trip and put the new nylon strap on the camera and have never used
another skinny leather strap since.

Bill Rosauer