Subject: Re: [Leica] False premises 2 (was Oddmund -aaaargh!! ;-(
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 17:08:11 -0800

Alex wrote:

<<<<<>Ted - I've just finished a most productive day of printing out the best of
>my last three months of shooting (average about 2 per roll). I am
>comfortably ensconced with a Powers whiskey at my elbow, and then I read
>the "O" word. Y'all must be very short of intellectual stimulation if you
>need another dose of the stuff from a cow's rear end that your M6 is still
>recovering from>>>>>>

Alex,

Truly man, you only require one of those in a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

>If he wants to indulge in his usual execrable polemics on the sins of
>participating in a materialist society (of which, BTW, he appears to be a
>paid-up and participating member), then I would submit that 'oddmund-users'
>is the best solution.

>Don't worry Ted, I'm still smiling. However, I'm not a fan of people who
>stir up havoc and then walk away from it.>>>>>>>>>

Well I agree with you whole heartedly as far as the "political &
materialistic" walk away stuff  goes. After all we are about Leica, be that
M or R and the uses there of.  Better we all, including Oddmund, stick to
cameras and leave the philosophy stuff to the philosophers while visiting
the outhouse! .

>Doin' my best. But I, for one, will have my finger on the delete button if
>his first post runs true to form.

Let's hope he stays away from politics and on photography topics, if he
doesn't I'm sure we'll have disturbing turmoil the likes non of us wants
nor requires these days.

Maybe he's had a different time in life since his last visit and we'll find
a new and enlightend Oddmund, let's see what happens.  I know I don't want
to go head to had with him as I did in the past. Actually I wont go head to
head with him....DELETE!

Stay with the printing now and not too uch of that "Powers whiskey" by the
elbow! It makes for double exposures in the darkroom light! :)

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant