Subject: [Leica] Re: archiving
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 16:46:35 EST

Oh for god sake.

Now there's someone who thinks what he has to say on this list is so
wonderful, so deathless, so valuable that he has to sign his name with a fake
name to keep it "his"??

And others are taking this seriously????

You know, I work as a journalist, slaving away to word things just so, just
perfectly, with the idea that those words I have created will last forever.

And what happens to them? They're transferred from my computer at work via
low-tech printing techniques onto the lowest grade paper my newspaper can buy
that will run through the presses without breaking too often, the kind of
paper that turns yellow before it hits the porch, and six months  later my
deathless prose is on microfilm at the library and under someone parakeet, if
I'm lucky.

The stuff that gets written on this list? Well, you've heard that if you have
an infinite number of monkeys working at an infinite number of keyboards for
infinity they'll eventually reproduce every word Shakespeare ever wrote?

This list, from a literature point of view, is 3 monkeys, 10 minutes.

Get a life, Mr. X, you're talking cameras here, not brain surgery.

Charles F. Trentelman
Ogden, UT

See my deathless prose at http://www.standard.net
go to the opinion section and read Wasatch Rambler, not to mention all the
daily news stories I produce.
Every one a keeper!!!!! Until a parakeet comes along!!!!!