Subject: Re: [Leica] LTM shooters
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 13:13:57 EST

This group is indeed a diverse lot.  At one extreme are those who would
dash to fling their recently-discontinued lenses and bags of money after
the lastest issue,  based on nothing more than hearsay from one or two
sources' highly controlled testing whose results are virtually
un-repeatable in real-world shooting; whilst at the other extreme are
those who would pay "less than the price of an M6" for a system that
delivers results which are, to the naked eye of even a casual observer,
of no more quality (sometimes less) than any decent zoom-lensed Japanese
P&S.
In the midground (I hope) are some such as myself who admire the LTM's
for what they were in their day but feel they're entitled to a
well-earned retirement;  yet, not cowed by pseudo-scientific gobbledygook
from the realisation that the incremental magnitude of improvements in
each succeeding generation have become less and less significant to
actual photography.

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 28 Nov 1998 11:28:32 -0500 "Marshall C. Hunt Jr"
<huntmc2@fuse.net> writes:
>Don't let the rest of them bastids find out--they'll all want one (or
>two)!
>
>Noel H. Charchuk wrote: I have been able to put together a system,
>with
>3 50 mm lenses, a 35, a 90, a 135, a closeup attachment, lens hoods
>and
>2 bodies for less than the price of an M6. I get to use Leicas, and
>explore a lot of the possibilties of photography with a system,
>antiquated as it may be, try that with a M6 body and no lens!  :)

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]