Subject: RE: [Leica] Nikkor question
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 10:33:07 -0500

I'll second the 24 2.8...and for a longish lens, you absolutely cannot beat
the 180 2.8...While there is a later version with a gold band around it that
is called a 180 2.8 ED, it is said that the earlier version includes the
same ED element, and is just as good. It's a terrifically sharp, contrasty,
lens...I'm sure that Eric will tell me that it's a piece of s--- compared to
its Leica counterpart, but....try it...you'll love it.....