Subject: Re: [Leica] Apology (was Nikkor question )
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 20:39:55 -0600 (CST)

Hi, Dan
I assume it's a 50 1.4 Nikkor in LTM.  If so, God help the
Summarit.  Mr. Summarit's in for an ass whipping like it never
had....I owned a Nikkor and SEVERAL Summarits (each time I thought
they can't ALL be this sorry......) Like the idiot I am,
I sold the Nikkor.  Shoot 'em wide open - preferably with light
sources in the picture.  Then do the the same with a Summilux
(borrow one if you're cheap/poor like me)  If the Nikkor's clear
and the coating clean, PULEEEEZE honestly report your results
here on the group (I dare ya...)

The least you coulda done is choose a shootout that's REASONABLY
fair, i.e. a late 28 2.8 Canon LTM vs. ver 1 28 Elmarit.........

Walt

On Thu,
26
Nov