Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica] lens report new style by Hubert Pus
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 15:59:52 +0100

Hubert,

Please tell Erwin that his work is appreciated and that he should not
burden you with it: your methods sound a lot like mine, and I consider
myself as a complete ignorant when it comes to the physics of optics.
Erwin provides people like me with a lot of food for thought, even if I
do not always understand the practical consequences of his
considerations. As big spenders of family income, we sure appreciate the
highly documented input of people who are neither paid by a manufacturer
neither submitted to the pressures of editing, and that seem immune to a
disease known as 'lugitis' (leica unconditional gospel infection). His
conclusions help us gather reasons to spend money in a way that seems
less obscenely futile. I do not think your methodology, Hubert, would
help us in the same way.

Hope you will not take this as a personal attack, and please send my
regards to your brother ;-)

Alan
Brussels-Belgium