Subject: [Leica] Building a Leica system
From: "ctkhor" <ctkhor@pc.jaring.my>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 21:35:48 +0800

Dear Leica users,

A good day to everybody.

I am looking at building a system around a Leica RE and a 50mm Summicron
lens I recently acquired. I want to buy all used and is currently
considering adding the 35mm f2, 90mm f2, 180mm f3.4 apo-telyt and maybe the
135mm f2.8. I do not know what to get for a second body so I am open to
suggestion. I am looking at primes only as I already have zooms for my
Nikon. My Nikon lenses are MF 20f3.5, AF24-50 f3.3-4.5D, AF 60f2.8D micro,
AF DC 105f2D and AF 80-200 f2.8D (one touch).

I want to ask the LUG users if my choice of Leica lenses good? If not, why?
Suggestions for a better selection?

I hear there are several versions of the 35mm Summicron. How many are there
actually and how is the quality between them? How is the used prices
affected by each version?

I am a serious amateur and a very new Leica user. My knowledge of Leica
lenses is little but growing. I do know they are outstandingly built and the
photo reproduction quality is excellent. And yeah, also terribly expensive.
Building this system will probably take me quite a while and I want to make
sure I do not buy something I will regret later.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Regards,

Sattha