Subject: [Leica] Re: uninspired Leica ads
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:55:58 EST

No, you didn't read the rest of the posting.  I was pointing out that
Leica has abandoned the middle ground...lighter, more compact, and
less-pricey fixed focal length lenses such as the 90/2.8 and 180/4 which
might appeal to serious photographers not interested in slow zooms *or*
the fast, stratospherically-priced behemoths such as the 70-180 2.8 or
even the 100 or 180 APO's.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:14:33 -0600 Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
writes:
>>Seemingly, to Leica, eveyone else falls into the category of
>>wealthy happy-snappers who are content to shoot fast film through
>slow
>>zooms priced in Germany but made in Japan so long as there's a
>programme
>>mode and a Leica logo.
>
>Isn't this a bit distorted? They make German fast zooms that compete
>(and
>best-optically) anything from the competition. At a price, for sure.
>They
>have never apologized for being expensive, and people keep acting like
>it's
>something new.
>--
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO
>http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch
>
>The world's full of apathy, and I don't care.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]