Subject: Re: [Leica] Bower
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:57:26 EST

You lucky fellow!  I did so want to hear him.  The comment of his I was
referring to was in the Leica M book, where he stated something to the
effect that he used to use the R quite a bit, but that lately he'd begun
using the M6 for all his travels.  The dangerous thing about photography
books is that by the time we read them the author may have done an
about-face on practically anything.  In the preface to the second edition
of  "Mountain Light", Galen Rowell admonishes the reader not to emulate
his equipment and film choices [of a decade earlier].  It's a point that
is easy to forget when reading.  I've a few Leica "how-to" books written
20, 30, 40 years ago and some ways they're a real hoot.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:44:41 -0500 "Ting F. Lee" <javalee@email.msn.com>
writes:
>>> I had heard that Bower no longer uses the Leica Reflex
>
>Not true...
>heard him speak last week, he still use the R series.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]