Subject: Re: [Leica] mini LUG site?
From: Alan Ball <AlanBall@csi.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:32:28 +0100

Francesco,

Feel free to manage your site the way you want and to invite and host
whoever you want and to name it anyway you want. As long as that name
does not imply unfounded support by organisations or individuals which
have not explicitely voiced such a support.

Please do not think for a split second that your very interesting and
generous initiative represents anyone except yourself and those who will
respond favorably to your invitations.

There is no 'majority' here on this topic as there is no ballot and no
reasons for a ballot. So as long as you do not use my name or imply that
organisations I participate in are involved as such in your initiative,
please go ahead and do your thing.

As a conclusion, I would recommend you to avoid naming your site after
organisations such as the LUG, however informal they may be, or after
concepts such as "leica-users", which implicate a brand that might want
to defend its trademarks. This will prevent a lot of subsequent
problems...

Friendly regards and best wishes for the success of your pages,
Alan.