Subject: Re: [Leica] auto vs. manual
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:55:39 EST

Gary,

       My main questions:

      1.  How quick is autofocus?
Pretty quick.  If the Nikon 2020 never progressed, doubt AF would even exist
today.

     2.  Aren't there a lot of false focusing mistakes (ie  autofocusing on
the wrong
          point of interest) that you wouldn't have with manual?
I don't know about a lot, but you can see what it did and correct it, time
allowing.

    and 3.  If you use autofocus what percentage of the time do you use
               the camera in manual? >>
I use mine probably 90/10 in AF/MF.  Use the MF mostly at race tracks where I
prefocus and pan as the cars come by.  AF works there but there is no need to
keep refocusing as I track the car to the point I take the picture.

 In summary, I would get the AF since you can always use it both in AF and MF
modes but the MF can only be MF.

Bill