Subject: Re: [Leica] Landscapes with M Cameras (long)
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:19:42 EST

I believe you have him confused with Boyd Norton.  Boyd's book on
landscape photography (I can't remember the exact title) contains images
shot mostly with Leica R's and a great number with a 70-210 zoom.  It
also contains shots made with 55 Micro-Nikkor, 105 Nikkor (not sure if it
was the Micro or not), and a 180 Nikkor (probably not the latest ED-IF
version...given the camera and film used it probably pre-dates the latest
version).  He does indeed favour the 400/560 Telyts because of their
light weight and break-apart design, and accepts their slow speed "now
that Kodachrome 200 is available"...gives you some indication of when
parts of the book must have been originally written.  IMHO, the images in
Norton's book are technically fine, and Boyd is a well-known workshop
leader in the US; however I would much prefer to hang Brian Bower's
images on *my* walls.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:26:02 -0600 Bud Cook <budcook@ibm.net> writes:
>I think I have Mr. Bower confused with another person.  If I now have
>the right
>person in mind, Mr. Bower has used and liked the 400/560 Telyts very
>much and
>also doesn't think much of auto focus.
>I suppose I shouldn't rely on my memory and go check it out.
>Bud

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]