Subject: Re: [Leica] MTF analysis
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:19:42 EST

I just wonder: how many people on the LUG would buy an automobile based
upon how someone on the internet claims it performed on a dynamometer;
and/or someone else's impressions of a lap or two around a track?
Especially when these "experts" each claim that the other is wrong.  Am I
in the minority, in that I find more credibility in the aggregate
hands-on experiences of a group of  fellow photographers, and finally in
my own ability to compare images on a light table?

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 23:34:34 +0100 Erwin Puts <imxputs@knoware.nl>
writes:
>They give a very low weighting to in the field performance, the 40
>lp/mm
>and the full aperture: this is precisely the area where Leica can
>score and
>excells. So their weighting for us Leica users is very uninformative.
>That is what I said and I see no reason to retract this statement.<snip>
>I strongly opposed to their weighting as it is not relevant tp modern
>optical practice,

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]