Subject: [Leica] Photoshop PC reqs?
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 15:56:24 +0000

LUGgers,

I am planning to purchase a new desktop PC soon and want it to have the
"horsepower" for using Photoshop or similar programs.  If one goes to a
website like Dell's, for example, and tries to configure a system. there are
many variables including system RAM, video/graphics RAM, hard drive space,
whether to include a built-in Zip drive, printer type, etc.  I want to be
sure that this new PC is up to the task of digital photography in general.
Advice appreciated.

Since this request is already off-topic, if the advice gets too detailed for
general LUG consumption (e.g. the pros and cons of 4 vs. 16 MB of
video/graphics memory), private e-mail is fine.

John McLeod