Subject: [Leica] Off topic:Taglines (was Lug Disease)
From: "Roger Beamon" <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 07:00:18 -700

On 22 Nov 98, Dominique PELLISSIER wrote, at least in part:

>  "Prosperity or egalitarianism--you have to choose (...)".

> I don't like these quotations, which are all off topic,
> and which are subliminal ideology.Here we have a piece of
> ultra-conservatism "thought". Happily there is in the USA a great world
> wide known philosopher, who says the contrary : John Rawls, theory of
> justice.

Too bad, Dominique, They're *my* tag lines, not all conservative,
some attempts at humor, even. Obviously, I'm not about to post
taglines that are in opposition to my own idealogy. The media in
the U.S. exposes me to quite enough of that, thank you.
Regretably, John Rawls' "thoughts" exist in the minds of too many.

Off topic, yes, but considering the amount of off topic material
that passes in the body of messages here, and the fact that
these are only taglines, seems a poor comparison. They're
randomly selected and they will continue.

Feel free to not read them and/or post taglines of your choosing.

Now, that we've each vented on the list, let's move future
discussion of my taglines to private email and return to Leica.
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org

     The precept: Judge not, that ye be not judged... is an
     abdication of moral responsibility. It is a moral blank
     check one gives to others in exchange for a moral blank
     check one expects for oneself. The moral principle to adopt
     is: Judge, and be prepared to be judged.
                 -- Ayn Rand