Subject: Re: [Leica] SL mot?
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 07:52:05 -0800

Thib wrote:

>I have the opportunity to get a used (well used..) SL mot.
>Is this camera interesting?
>What are the differences between the regular SL and the SL mot?
>Thanks for your help.

Hi Thib,

The SL mot and Sl are the same camera accept the MOT can have the motor
attached on the base plate much like the R's of to-day.  However, the motor
is a good size chunk of gear attached and those who complain about the R8
and winder being a handful, then they obviously have never driven an SL mot
motor attached.

But they worked like crazy and the camera feels like it was made from
regurjetated Tiger Tanks. Meaning they were extremely well made and strong.

I still have the original body I bought in 1969 and it works just fine each
time I take it out and run a roll through .

ted