Subject: Re: [Leica] JB, filters, flames, and technique
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 21:28:40 -0500

Sorry, but what you say doesn't hold water.  I am not a photojournalist,
and you are and you have a zillion years more experience at getting
photographs published in newspapers and magazines.  Nevertheless, I know as
sure as I know the Sun rises every morning that I can take my F2 with my
85/1.4 lens, and take a photograph with it in the most god-awfull lighting
conditions, plaster the entire front page of a newspaper with it and you
will not be able to distinguish that photograph from one taken with the
finest Leica lens.   It is a truism.

But....I never claimed that photojournalists shouldn't use Leicas.
Obviously many do.  And many of the Magnum photographers do more than print
their images on newsprint.

I am also convinced that you wouldn't be able to distinguish photographs
made on exhibition quality photographic paper, but we can save that fight
for another day.  ;-)

Dan C.

NO ARCHIVE (I hate doing this, but I have no other choice.)