Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Loupes
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:03:01 -0600 (CST)

Bingo!!! I've used 'em for years!
Used to have a spare (third?) rigid summicron I used. barrel was
scruffy,
glass was fair to good.  However, when the "collector" crowd drove the
price of these "user" 50s -- which we used to pick up for $50-75 or
get thrown in with our $300 M-2 -- up to $275 for a beater, journalist
lens, I decided it was too valuable to use for a loupe and sold it!!

Still use my own third version 50 on occasion, tho.... I have used
a 35 for "high magnification", too, but in today's market I don't
leave 'em laying on the light table anymore!!!

BTW, the old Kodak "anastigmat" loupe is good, and usually can
be picked up at shows for next to nothing.  I don't think it
quite covers the whole frame, but gives a good view.

CU, WaltOn