Subject: re: [Leica] Leica SF-20 and Metz 34AF3
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:19:09 -0600

The 34AF3 is available in 3 different models for Canon,
Minolta or Nikon only and that with a fixed foot. Not with SCA3000.
The guide number of 34 is only obtained with the 85mm adaptor.
There is no auto position or cell and no lcd screen on the back.
It's a TTL only flash.
Not a competitor for the SF-20 IMO.
<<<<<<<<<<
and

BTW IMO, the 34AF3 is not similar to the SF-20.
<<<<<<<<<<

I can't say for certain without holding one, but I don't beleive the Metz
34AF3 is an adaption of the SF-20. I think it's an adaption of the Olympus
S-20 and Leica CF flashes, both made by Metz.

Those two are the same flash (though the CF comes clad in titanium and
without the S-20's 24 mm adapter, and supports TTL with the Minilux zoom).
And both have the same power as the upcoming SF-20 but are just 2/3 its
size.

The picture of the 34AF3 on Metz's web site impresses me as Olympus
S-20/Leica CF size. I may well be off-base, but I'm guessing it's the same
flash without the S-20/CF 2-setting aperture selction dial on the back but
with dedicated TTL operation instead.

Larry