Subject: re: [Leica] Sekonic L508
From: Larry Kopitnik <kopitnil@marketingcomm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 09:57:25 -0600

Larry,

Can you tell me how big the 508 is. No one in the Australian shops has one
;-) How does it differ from the 408?

Cheers

Alastair Firkin,
<<<<<<<<<<

Alastair,

Check out
http://www.sekonic.com/Products/prodinfo.html
for links with detailed specifications of both meters.

I had the L-408 before the L-508. For my use, the practical differences are
that the L-408 is smaller than the L-508 (though neither meter is
pocketable); the L-508 can zoom down to a 1 degree spot reading while the
L-408 is fixed at a 5 degree spot; the L-508 can average up to 3 readings
in any mode where the L-408 has no averaging function; the LCD of the L-508
will light in dim conditions but the L-408's does not; the incident dome of
the L-508 swivels where the L-408's dome is fixed on the meter's body; and
the L-508 uses a dial to change settings, which I find far more convenient
than the L-408's pushbuttons.

Larry