Subject: Re: [Leica] Is a leica lens like a Bordeaux wine ?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 07:11:40 +0100

Christian,

They do not get better with age, and BTW not all Bordeaux wine does--that
depends on the vintage and producer. But the fact that the lens is 25 years
old should be of no concern, if the lens is clean. I recently traded in my
35mm Summicron (2nd version) of a similar age for the latest 35mm ASPH. But
the only difference on the light table between the two lenses was at the two
widest apertures, f2 and f2.8. All the 35mm Summicrons are fine lenses.

Nathan