Subject: Re: [Leica] OK Walter, I'll Bite => Carry the camera...
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 23:35:58 EST

> I travel a fair amount racing cars.  It's a pretty
> tense, time-starved activity.  It can be truly
> physically and emotionally exhausting.

I play boy racer as well and find that the M6 is much harder to use then my
Nikon AF system while shifting, braking, turning, etc :->

For some time I was stuck on the Nikons because of the long lenses and the
ability of the motor to get multi shots when the 'puckering' starts.  This
summer I went back to the M6 and although I brought the Nikon for the longer
shots, was very pleased with the results of the M6 & 90.  May be forced to get
a 135 - after the Noct of course.

> (If you aren't sometimes real scared in a racing car, there's something
wrong
> with you.)

You want a real thrill, try instructing in 911 Turbo driven by someone who
assumes since they can afford the car, they can drive it too.  Sigh.

> And I've been carrying Leicas.  They are small, so if I go through the
weekend
> without shooting, I don't feel like I've lugged a lot of weight for nothing.
Actually since I started with the M6, I have not really increased my load
since I only carry the long lens and perhaps the 16mm.

> so I have gotten some shots of SO (who drives too),
Mine will only play on the skidpad with her all wheel drive wonder, will not
"make a fool of myself" on the track.

>  Hit ratio is often low, but hit ratio without the camera is always 0.
Oh so true, and supported fully by Kodak and Fuji :->

> I use mostly color neg film.  Believe it or not M pix
> can be seen to be different on 4x6's from the local lab.
This is how I got hooked.  Few years back Leica had a try and M or and R
outfit.  Liked the R but not enough to switch.  Played with the M with a 35,
50, & 90.  It was in December and we had some snow.  Wandered around the local
village and shot a roll.  When we developed the film from some other stuff,
that roll was in the batch.  Vicki asked what I used for "these" pictures.
Looking at them I said the Leica, why?  Her answer - I'm in trouble now.  How
right she was.

Bill