Subject: [Leica] stroke of genius
From: Clem <lokken@postmaster.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 09:42:05 -0800

All of this talk about the new Leica XK50 (or what ever it is called)
special Jaguar edition with green leather, got me to thinking.

Why can't I make my own special editions.  Go out and buy an M6, take it
to a leather shop, have the black leather removed, have a new and
different colored leather put on and, there you have it.  I now have a
Leica special edition at a fraction of the price.

The economics are quite simple.  I should be able to have the old
leather removed and the new leather put on for about £150 and then be
able to sell it to some collector for at least £500 more than I paid for
it.  That is a tidy profit of £350.  If I can do this 4 times a month or
48 times a year, that would represent earnings of over £14,400 and I
wouldn't have to give inland revenue (the tax man) any of it.

Next I think I will try having an M6 gold plated.

- -Martin