Subject: [Leica] Re: (Now mostly off topic) Leica bashing
From: Roger Beamon <roger@beamon.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 07:51:52

At 07:09 AM 11/15/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Off topic, so I'll keep brief:
>Collins is not obsolete in MY ham shack!  I have a couple
>of them

Why? This is a perfect Leica analogy. The Collins stuff is beautifully
built, but totally obsolete in all the specs that mean something to hams
today.

I'd hate to have to follow your SSB signal around the dial to keep you
sounding like yourself. Long ago chucked my S-line and 30L1 for the endless
parade of "rice boxes" in order to keep up with the Jones'. (says Beamon
with his tongue planted firmly in cheek, trying to make a point while
purposely keeping it well hidden from  the proletariat.)
- --
Roger
mailto:roger@beamon.org