Subject: Re: [Leica] Bought a 75mm
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 23:20:45 +0100

>>Ok, so I was just browsing through a used shop in Tokyo, and found this
mint 75mm for less than half of the retail, I couldn not pass it up.

>Congrats! You will find that is has some Noctilux-like characteristics.
You see things in the negative you didn't with your eye. And, you'll look
at the room and the extreme low light that causes you to crank it open to
1.4 and say to yourself, this will be hard to print (scan) and when you do,
it will blow you away with its full detail, control of highlights and
absolutely gorgeous color rendition. It's an unbelievable lens. The more I
use it, the more I respect those Canadian designers/manufacturers at Leica
(used to be, alas).
>--
>
>Eric Welch
>St. Joseph, MO

I join my voice to the choir of the 75M enthusiasts.I think that it is the
best choice among the tele-lenses for the Leica M. And the bright-line
frame  is still acceptable (not too much "teeny-weeny")on a M6-0.72, though
there is a possible confusion with the 50 frame.
The optical quality of my 75 at full aperture is high, but you have to
practice in order to obtain the correct focus because of the narrowness of
the depth of field at 1.4.

Dominique Pellissier