Subject: Re: [Leica] Super Colorplan or Colorplan CF?
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.u-nancy.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 23:02:29 +0100

Leica sells the Colorplan as a CF ( curved field ) and a non-CF version.
The Super Colorplan is available only as non-CF. At the Photokina I was
told, that the CF has been built for the paper framed Kodachrome slides,
and since these paper frames will vanish, there will be no new Super
Colorplan with CF. But what about all the other unglazed plastic frames(
e.g. HAMA )? Which lens gives for this case the better performance ?
I need advice from you, since I intend to purchase a new lens for my
Pradovit P300.
Thanks in advance

>Dietmar

I don't think that the explanation is accurate. The CF-lens has been
calculated from a mean curvature of a transparency without glass mount,
whatever the type (see Leica foto n°4/1980). So it is a
"trying-to-sit-on-the-fence solution". As all these solutions, a stop
nit-picking leicaist (pleonasm) won't be satisfied by such a compromise.
I presume that the buyer of a super-colorplan lens knows perfectly that, if
he still wants to improve the quality of a projection, there is no solution
but one: to put all the transparencies in glass mounts.

Dominique Pellissier