Subject: Re: [Leica] which wide ange lens?
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 14:46:49 EST

The same problem occurs with *any* Leica, not only the TTL.  I've wished
for years that the Leica had a second "cold" shoe on the top plate
directly above the viewfinder eyepiece so that using a separate finder
would both permit mounting a flash as well as being much closer to the
focussing/metering.  I've just never had the nerve to have one attached
lest it deflate the resale value like a stuck baloon.  I thought of the
Velcro, but feared the adhesive might etch into the top plate eventually.

Regards,
Nigel

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:38:06 -0800 Donal Philby
<donalphilby@earthlink.net> writes:
>Here's a question:
>
>With the new M6TTL, how do you have a flash on camera and a viewfinder
>on camera at the same time?
>
>I'm sure Leica's answer will be: We don't recommend it (as with
>filters
>on the 19R).
>
>But this is a reality.  Maybe a couple velcro spots on camera top and
>VF
>top to use VF upside down (those used to viewcamera will be very
>comfortable with this, seeing things upside down and backwards. :))
>
>If you use a flash bracket screwed into bottom, you have to remove it
>change film.  Been there, bumbled through that.
>
>I heard yesterday that the Nikon SC-17 cord has same pattern as the
>Leica (but voltages differ with the strobes so Nikon strobes won't
>work
>on Leica).  So it is perfect for off camera use.  Maybe can even use
>the
>SB24 on auto mode.
>
>donal
>--
>Donal Philby
>San Diego
>www.donalphilby.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]