Subject: Re: [Leica] Pros and Leica sales! was vanc.
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 08:18:57 -0600

>Now that my work is less hard news and more documentary I use my Leicas a
>lot more and am upgrading my system accordingly.  Imagine my disappointment
>when I learned that Leica does not have a dedicated "Professional Services"
>dept.

They aren't big enough to do it on the scale that Nikon and Canon do it
(and now it looks like Minolta is making a run at the pro market). But they
do treat pros well, will speed up your service if you send it directly to
Ernst Hartmann, and for documentary work, nothing can be an M6 and a few
1.4 lenses. How often does it need service to start with? My answer is
likely going to be "How often do I drop it?" :-)
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

More hay, Trigger? No thanks, Roy, I'm stuffed!