Subject: RE: [Leica] which wide angle lens?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:15:38 -0500

Hi, Buzz - Ditto. I found the built-in meter to be virtually useless with
the 21. And you're right about the incredible DOF giving you a way to get
closer than the 28", but that's a pretty iffy way to live. I'd kill for an M
21 or 24 that could focus down to about a foot, like the reflex lenses. BTW,
can one of you LUG technophiles please explain why the rangefinder lenses
don't focus closer? I assume it's a simple explanation.

Thanks...B. D.