Subject: RE: [Leica] which wide angle lens?
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 11:52:30 -0500

	[Buzz]
	Greetings, B.D.--

		You are right about the close focus matter.  However, what I
very often do is use the smallest aperture that I can on the 21 and trust in
the DOF.  More often than not, I do get the effect I want, even if the
framing is a tad haphazard.  The bigger problem I have with the 21 on an M
is exposure.  I find that I can't at all trust the camera's reading since I
can never guess the area covered by the reflective spot with the 21,
especially when shooting fast.  So, more often than not, I estimate the
exposure.  With a film like XP-2 or Tri-X, more often than not I guess well
within the film's latitude for the area I want to be 16%.  I never had the
patience to master the Zone System.

			Buzz