Subject: Re: [Leica] Slide Projection/camera cases
From: Lucian Chis <chis@ece.orst.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 14:54:56 -0800 (PST)

 Hello James,

I have one of those CA2500 and you must know that the current P2002 uses
the same chassis. the Latest 2002 come with the bright light kit
installed, whereas you can get the kit installed for the existing
projectors for about $150 or so I understood from Leica. (They weren't
sure it would fit the old CA2500 (OLD!!!).
About your CA2500, and mine.
If you have a curved slide, the ejector mechanism will fight the pulling
arm on the same slide and that's why you will have problems.
If the problem is bad enough, you will have bent the internal lever which
controls the ejector, and which you can see at the bottom of the projector
if you take the bottom cover off. The ejector should stay a little bit out
from its channel; I have just purchased from eBAy the repair manual and I
could give you specifics if you need them. Anyway, in my experience that
lever bends and then you get all  sort of trouble if you don't get it
straightened.
Don't worry about image quality. You are well ahead of the crowd with this
projector; Supercolorplan is a little bit better than  regular Colorplan
but Ther is a lot bettter improvement for unglazed slides by switching to
the CF Colorplan.

Lucian