Subject: Re: [Leica] M6TTL 2mm
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 19:36:34 EST

It should not affect the DR Summicron eyes, or the 2.8/135 eyes because
the 2mm is added at the top of the viewfinder (vis. the silvered strip on
top as well as bottom).  The horizontal spacing between windows is
evidently unchanged.  The 2mm height addition will of course raise the
21/24/28 viewfinders by that amount; hardly likely to affect parallax at
all.  The only fairly common accessory which I know of at this time will
*not* fit the TTL body is the 4x (90 degree prism) finder for the
Visoflex *II*, which barely clears the classic M6's top plate by a gnat's
whisker.  The Viso III prism finder will work fine (including it will fit
a Viso II) because it was designed to fit an M5; however it is much
larger than the Viso II prism and does not have the adjustable dioptre.
The vertical chimney finder will fit, of course.  In fact, I am seriously
considering an M6TTL *purely* because of being able to mount a remote TTL
cord in the hot shoe (which would not fit even with a Viso III prism)
along with the chimney finder, in order to use TTL macro flash.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 17:30:02 -0500 Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
writes:
>I am stll wondering how those 2 extra millimeters will effect things
>such
>as the clip on eyes for the DR Summicron.
>
>Dan C.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]