Subject: High end audio [Macintosh] and [Leica] photographic analogies
From: "Greg Bicket" <GBicket@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 04:04:31 -0700

Hi Eric.

The context was David's frame of reference as being familiar with high end
audio equipment.  I was struck by some of the analogies between Macintosh
[spelling error notwithstanding], the venerable old high end audio equipment
maker, and Leica, the venerable old photographic equipment maker.  Which is
overall, a very nice thing to say about Macintosh, and about Leica for that
matter.  Somehow, robust sounding tube pre amps and amplifiers in a printed
circuit world and M6's in a point and shoot world seemed to me to have a lot
in common.

No reference intended to the computer manufacturer.

Enjoy the light.

Greg Bicket