Subject: Re: [Leica] interesting magazine article
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 08:59:15 +0100

On 08-11-1998 01:36 Robert G. Stevens wrote:

>I have a 105-280 Vario Elmar on the way to me now.  I should get it next
>week.  I would be interested in finding this article.  Do you know which
>issue it was in?  What did they like about it?

Robert:

You will like this lens' results very much. I used it for an afternoon in
Wetzlar (at the Leica Akademie). Just look at the images on the "Leica
Akademie Seminar" section on my webpage. Many of the detail shots have
been taken with this beast.
I have the Vario-Apo-Elmarit-R 70-180/2.8 but before making the decision,
it took some time to choose between the two of them.
But, while you can handhold the 70-180/2.8 under good circumstances, this
is simply impossible with the 105-280/4.2. The shots taken in Wetzlar
were all on a tripod (and normally, I hate tripods, except for night
shots).
Small mistake on my behalf: the article was in "Outdoor Photographer",
May 1997. It was more a practical field experience description than a
real test.

Pascal

Check out: http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
Who else than Leica could make a camera like the R8 ?
With that unique design and above all: that ergonomics.
Nikon ? Canon ? Nobody but Leica !